Planning your chic and minimalist travel wardrobe before hand is probably the most important thing that you need to do. It has many advantages:
- You realise that you actually need to take very little with you. By forcing your self to plan and pack light, it makes you think about what you really need.
- It enables you to see where the gaps are in your travel wardrobe, which you can make purchases for before you leave, rather than arriving somewhere and realising you don't have something you need and having to tak up valuable holiday time looking for it.
- You save money- Planning beforehand stops you from going out and buying unnecessary items, or even worse buying them when you reach your destination.
- You realise that you don't actually need a lot of clothes. This also has a knock on effect on the rest of your wardrobe. By packing and travelling light, you quickly realise that you can manage with a smaller amount of clothes, but that the most important part is that the clothes you do have meet your needs. When you get home, it makes you see the rest of your wardrobe in a new light and you may quickly realise that you don't need as many clothes as you have.
- You discover what is enough - and that is a nice place to be.
- You acquire a quiet sense of confidence and self-sufficiency.