- Yesterday's post was my introduction to travelling lightly with a chic yet minimalist wardrobe, which you will see has many advantages:
- It cuts down the cost of travelling. I often travel within the UK or to European destinations with budget airlines such as EasyJet or RyanAir. These airlines allow each passenger to take a small item of luggage into the cabin with them. I usually take a small holdall or pull along suitcase. If you wish to take any more luggage with you they charge you extra. I don't like paying out more money than I have to and this is definately a good incentive to pack light.
- It saves you time and makes life easier when you at the airport. If you take a large suit case, you usually have to check it in at the check in desk, often having to wait in long queques. I like to check-in on line, and by taking a small piece of hand luggage can avoid the check-in queques, quickly go through security, before finally entering the where I can relax and read or enjoy a glass of wine.
- It saves you time and makes life easier when get off the plane and depart the airport. If you take a large suit case, you usually have to wait for it at the carousel, often having to wait at least half an hour. By taking a small piece of hand luggage you can quickly go through security, before finally leaving the airport.
- By choosing to travel light, you force yourself to only take the necessities. With time you learn what works for you, what you need to take and what you don't. For example, I have travelled to several hot and tropical countries and quickly came to realise that shorts or trousers work better for me than skirts, as your legs tend to get sticky, and trousers offer protection against biting insects, such as mosquitoes, in the evening.
- It is good from an environmental point of view, as you need to buy and own less items.
I like these suitcases on wheels, they are stylish and the size permitted by the budget airlines to fit into their over-head cabin lockers. They are all available from Amazon.com. If you would like to find out more details or purchase one, simply click on it's photo and you will be taken to Amazon's website.